Privacy Act 1993
Collection, use, storage, disclosure and correction of personal information by Netfit are governed by the Privacy Act 1993. ‘Personal information’ means information about an identifiable individual. Netfit complies with the obligations of this Act.
Netfit collects, stores, uses and discloses personal information about individuals in the following circumstances.
Collection of information
Automatically logged information is recorded and logged by the Netfit server when you visit this website. This information includes:
- your browser’s internet address
- your server’s address
- your domain name
- your IP address
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser you are using.
We have included on our web pages Facilitate, InfusionSoft and Google Analytics tracking codes that we receive data from each day.
Netfit uses this information for statistical purposes and for system administration tasks to maintain this service. Netfit does not attempt to identify individuals as part of regular business practice. However, in the event of an investigation, Netfit, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect relevant server logs.
The Netfit website places a cookie on the hard drive of your computer. A "cookie" is a file which allows us to track and target the interests of people who use our website. In addition, our website uses third party cookies from Google Analytics for Display Advertisers, including the following features:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting - which provides additional insight into who has viewed our paid digital advertising on other websites. This will help us optimise and tailor advertising.
- DoubleClick Platform integrations & Remarketing with Google Analytics – the integrations between both our web analytics and paid advertising platforms together to give us additional insight. This allows us to tailor our advertising to ensure the right types and offers are shown to users while they use the internet outside our website.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting - which gives us insight into behaviour information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give users a better experience whilst visiting our sites.
Use of personal information
Personal information you supply to us through the use of online forms, email and feedback will be used for Netfit's purposes including student administration matters, provision of services and the dissemination of information to staff, prospective and current students and remaining in contact with graduates. If you are enrolled with Netfit, it may also be used for the purposes set out in the privacy statement contained in our terms and conditions of enrolment.
Disclosure of personal information
Personal information held by Netfit will only be disclosed to third parties with your consent unless Netfit is obliged to disclose information in certain circumstances as set out in the Privacy Act 1993 or by order of any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction.
If at any stage you provide us with your email address either as part of a message or by completing a web form, we will only use your email address for the purposes for which it was provided. We will not subscribe your email address to any external mailing list without your consent.
External sites that are linked to or from the Netfit website are generally not under the control or responsibility of Netfit, and you are advised to review their privacy statement.
Call recording privacy statement
As part of our commitment to providing the best possible service to our customers, we record telephone calls to our Contact Centre.
We record calls:
- for staff training purposes, to help us improve our service and to ensure the information we provide is consistent and accurate
- for reporting on the types and numbers of enquiries we receive
- to ensure we have an accurate record of your call, which may be needed to support any transactions that take place.
We understand your personal information is important, and we are committed to protecting your privacy. Recordings will be securely stored.
Netfit makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on its web pages. However the matters covered, including regulations, policies, processes, fees, programme information, the availability and structure of courses and so on, are subject to regular review and no warranty or representation can be provided regarding the accuracy of such information. Netfit reserves the right to change, at any time without notice, any information contained on this website.
The website user must understand that, as far as the law permits, the information on this website is provided with no express or implied warranty and that Netfit accepts no liability for damage as a result of relying on information contained within this site.
Students and prospective students are advised to check with Netfit if they have any query.
Links to third party sites
External links are provided as a service to users. Netfit does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy or content of those sites.